Total length of the route: 25,1 km
Point of departure: Border crossing Český Těšín - Cieszyn
According to legend the town Těšín was founded in 810 by three brothers: Lešek, Bolek and Těšek on the place of their happy meeting after long separation. The first written mention of Těšín dates back to 1155, to its localisation occured between 1217 and 1223. From the under-castle on fortified Promontory (Ostroh) over the river Olše occured the town. Around 1290 Těšín happened the main town of Těšín principality, in which till the half of the 17th century the Piastovec family reigned. In 1920 the town was separated between the Polish republic and the Czechoslovakia, the border is built by river Olše. The historical part stayed in the Polish territory, the station suburb on the left bank of river Olše created the town Český Těšín. Český Těšín - Ciezsyn is nowadays the most important border crossing along the whole length of frontiers to Poland. Dominant features of the town are especially churches - for example Roman Catholic Church of the Saintest Heart of Jesus , built in 1894 in Neogothic style, Church of Silesian church Protestant Na Nivách. Among other interesting buildings belong for example town hall, Czech grammer school in functionalist style, cultural and sociable centre "Střelnice". For lovers of culture Český Těšín has its theatre and museum. The part of museum is Information centre.
From Český Těšín we set out on the local road through local part Mosty - settlement Antoníček, here we find pull-in with a beautiful view of Beskydy mountains. We pass Koňakov and in a minute we can have a rest at the other wooden eaves on the place called U Čtyřmezníku - here is situated a copy of deliminating stone of villages Koňakov, Hradiště, Třanovice a Horní Žukov. We go over the small river Stonávka, road leading through Třanovice and continue in the direction to Žermanice artificial lake. On the crossroad over Dolní Domaslovice we can have a look at cross next to small wooden bell tower . Turning to the left, after less than 1 kilometer we get to pension Newport Ranch with own horse breeding.
Village Dolní Domaslavice is situated in the northeastern part of the district Frýdek-Místek on the right bank of Žermanice artificial lake and belongs to the oldest ones in the district. It is assumed, that it could originate about 1000 as a settlement, that supplied with its products towns Těšín and Frýdek. The first recorded written mention dates back to 1305, where Domaslovice appeares in the listing of bishop tithes. It was founded by and named after the prince Domaslav. Nowadays it is a village of holiday character. Accommodation you can find here for example in hotel Albo.
From Dolní Domaslovice we continue to village Horní Domaslavice. Through its territory flows watershed of rivers Ostravice and Olše.
According to legend was Horní Domaslavice both founded and named by the prince Domaslav in the first half of the 13th century. The first recorded written mention reminds of it in 1305. Its history is connected with teenancy of some important Silesian families. Round local important monuments shows us nature trail with the length of 3 km. One of stops is Baroque St. Jacob's Church from the years from 1739 to 1745, in April 1999 it was proclaimed to be a cultural monument. Another stopping is at the statue of St. Jan Nepomucký , by the cross in Vidíkov or by so-called sea eye - man-made small lake. The village has preserved to the present day in its whole territory a typical character of original Silesian scattered type of housing.
In the surroundings of village we find numerous accommodation possibilities at Žermanice artificial lake, water reservoir built in the years 1951 - 1958 on the river Lučina. On the right bank of dam is situated village Lučina, that was in 1956 built for occupants from flood area. Soběšovice, a village on the right bank of dam dates back to the 13th century. Thanks to local pensions, camping sites, campsites, restaurants, sports institutions and bathing the surroundings of Žermanice artificial lake belongs to popular holiday areas.
Our route starts now turning to nearby Beskydy mountains. We go through Vojkovice forest, we have to overcome very frequent street from Frýdek-Místek to Český Těšín and then among the fields belonging to Vojkovice we head for finish of stage A2. The village Vojkovice originated around 1500. In 1520 the village already stood, although it is for the first time reminded only at the beginning of the 1570's. It originally belonged to Tluk's family of Tošanovice and in the above mentioned year it was already named as a component part of Frýdek demense. Vojkovice became famous for local herb liqueur so-called "Vojkovice's bitters", that was distilled from under-Beskydy medicinal herbs in Glensinger's and from 1926 in Jokl's distillery. This was distilled here until 1952.
Behind Vojkovice we go through open level crossing and slightly go up to the Beskydy mountains. We still go throught the edge of village Dobratice to the place, where stage A2 finishes - to the crossroad in Vyšní Lhoty - Kamenité near to the pub U Kohutky, nearby the peak Prašivá. From here we have a possibility to continue to the right by stage B towards Hukvaldy of to the left by stage A1 to Bukovce.
Type: Cycle route Greenways
LAST MODIFY: Ivana Náplavová org. 2, 16.02.2004 v 16:19 hodin
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule